London. 2 November 2015.
Blackstone, one of the world’s leading investment firms, has been awarded the Investors in People Gold standard, joining the top 7% of accredited organisations across the UK.
As a leading investment firm, Blackstone seeks to create positive economic impact and long-term value for its investors, the companies in which it invests, the companies it advises and the broader global economy. Blackstone achieves this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Blackstone’s asset management businesses, with over $330 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Today, Blackstone has over 2,000 employees in 17 offices worldwide.
Investors in People is the UK's leading accreditation for business improvement through people management, and provides a wealth of resources for businesses to innovate, improve and grow, with a focus on good people making great business.
Paul Devoy, Head of Investors in People, said: “We’d like to congratulate Blackstone on its Gold standard. Such a high level of accreditation is the sign of great people management practice, demonstrates a commitment to employee development and shows an organisation committed to being the very best it can be. Blackstone should be extremely proud of its achievement.”
Commenting on the award, Laura Waitz, Global Head of Human Resources at Blackstone, said: “We are extremely proud to have been awarded this accreditation. This is an excellent achievement and testament to the hard work and collaborative culture of our employees. Such an accolade reflects the Blackstone culture which values integrity, professionalism and a passion for excellence.”
For more information about Investors in People please visit www.investorsinpeople.co.uk
For more information, please contact:
+44 (0) 20 7451 4005
About Investors in People
- Investors in People makes people management excellence count. They exist to help businesses realise the potential of their people, improve standards and gain the accreditation to prove it.
- Through the respected Standard, business insight and the IIP bank of tools and resources, organisations of all shapes and sizes can put their people first – and discover a brighter business future.
- Over the last 20 years, IIP has helped more than 100,000 businesses around the world improve, using their Accreditation Framework to boost working culture, increase employee engagement and encourage game-changing leadership.
- Investors in People is owned and managed by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills, an executive non-departmental public body of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- Investors in People South of England is delivered by Grant Thornton UK LLP under license from the UK Commission for Employment and Skills.