New York, New York and Hong Kong, April 6th, 2016
. Blackstone (NYSE:BX) today announced a new Asia Pacific leadership structure to enhance management capabilities across the region.
The new structure included several promotions:
• Chris Heady, the current Head of Real Estate Asia, has been named Blackstone’s Chairman of Asia Pacific.
• Jan Nielsen, who currently who leads the firm’s private equity investing in Southeast Asia, Japan and Korea and acts as Chief Operating Officer for Blackstone Capital Partners in the region, will work closely with Mr. Heady as Chief Operating Officer for all Blackstone businesses and administrative functions in Asia Pacific.
• Carol Kim, the ranking investor relations professional in Asia Pacific, has been named firm-wide Chief Operating Officer of investor relations across the region.
• Daisuke Kitta, the current Head of the Real Estate group in Japan, has been named Head of Japan for all business and administrative functions along with his existing regulatory responsibility for the office.
• Susannah Lindenfield, currently the Head of International Compliance, has been named General Counsel for Asia Pacific and will continue to oversee Compliance in the region.
“As our business in Asia and Australia has grown and matured, we reached the scale where upgrading our regional management structure was crucial to our continuing growth and increasing presence in the region,” said Tony James, Blackstone’s President and Chief Operating Officer. “This is an exceptional team with the necessary experience and demonstrated leadership capabilities to provide the framework for continued success in the region.”
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $330 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com
. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone
Public Affairs, Blackstone