The 2014 recipient of the Peter G. Peterson Award for Excellence in Business and Community Service is Kyle Negrete, an Analyst at GSO. The Peterson Award honors the many contributions of Blackstone’s Co-Founder, Peter G. Peterson, and is given annually to an employee who has shown a deep commitment to excellence inside and outside the firm. Recipients are nominated by their peers and chosen by Blackstone’s Executive Committee.
Kyle has demonstrated his commitment to community both internally and externally and embodies the culture and values of Blackstone. This year Kyle has participated in various volunteer efforts through Blackstone, and has served the organizations below:
- i’mME: Director of Development – i’mME is a Christian organization seeking to empower orphans in Haiti to find their true identity through family, orphan care and stewardship.
- Urbane + Gallant: Co-Founder and Director of Finance – Urbane + Gallant is an ethical and eco-friendly fashion brand that seeks to combat sex trafficking in Cambodia.
- Jessie Rees Foundation: National Spokesman (NEGU All-Star) Committee Member – The Jessie Rees Foundation seeks to ensure that every child with cancer has the support and resources they need to never give up on their fight with cancer. Kyle became a national spokesman for the organization while playing football for USC and the Chicago Bears, and has remained involved since joining Blackstone.
- The Patty Project: Co-Founder and Director of Hope – The Patty Project is an non-profit organization that seeks to empower underprivileged children in Fresno, CA through vocational, educational, recreational, and spiritual support. Kyle and his father founded this organization in memory of Kyle’s mother, Patty Negrete.
- iMentor: Mentor – iMentor is a NYC based non-profit that seeks to build mentoring relationships with students from low-income communities to graduate high school, succeed in college, and achieve their ambitions.
- 10,000 PB&Js: This organization is a homeless outreach program that seeks to combat the hunger crisis in the 5 boroughs of NYC. Every Sunday, a group of volunteers deliver 300-400 meals to the homeless community in NYC.
As winner of the Peter G. Peterson Award, Kyle will direct a $10,000 contribution from the Blackstone Charitable Foundation to a charity of his choice and will have a cup inscribed with his name to be permanently displayed at Blackstone.
2013: Michael Cannizzo, Innovations and Infrastructure
2012: Alicia Corbin, Park Hill Group
2011: Christine Veschi, Investor Relations and Business Development
2010: Scott Soussa, BAAM
2009: Garfield DeBarros, Innovations and Infrastructure
2008: Erin Sprague, BAAM