This summer, nearly 700 Blackstone employees from across the New York office braved the heat, sun and occasional rain to volunteer over 2,100 hours with 17 non-profits through the Blackstone Connects program. Blackstone Connects, which was started in 2010 by the Blackstone Charitable Foundation, provides meaningful opportunities for Blackstone employees to volunteer in the communities in which they work and live. Blackstone Connects will continue this fall with our global volunteer days which will take place at our offices around the world.
Here are a few highlights from our summer service days:
- Over 40 volunteers from Blackstone’s Finance, Facilities, Innovations and Human Resources teams painted a Basketball Court at St. Ann’s School in upper Manhattan through our partnership with Inner-City Scholarship Fund.
- 95 volunteers from Blackstone’s Real Estate group labeled and inventoried thousands of books in classroom libraries at Harlem Village Academies.
- 32 volunteers from Blackstone’s Strategic Incentives Group built 6 chairs, 8 easels, and 3 mailboxes to get KIPP classrooms ready for the school year.
- 40 volunteers from Private Equity, Tactical Opportunities, and Private Wealth Management coached students from SEO Scholars on interview skills.
- Volunteers from BAAM and Strategic Partners worked with Project Sunshine to host a Summer Time Party for children at Harlem Hospital.
In addition, Blackstone employees volunteered across the city to clean chicken coops, paint cafeterias, mentor students, organize classrooms, make back to school binders, coach a student baseball team, and plant vegetables. We would like to extend a special thank you to our 2015 Blackstone Connects partners, listed below: