All investors should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the Fund), carefully before investing. The Key Investor Information Document (‘KIID’), Prospectus and Supplement (collectively, the “Offering Documents”) contain this and other information about the Fund. All KIIDs are available in English, and certain share class specific KIIDs are available in French, German, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian, Spanish and Italian. All investors are urged to carefully read the Offering Documents in their entirety before investing.
This page is not an offer to sell the Fund’s securities and is not soliciting an offer to buy the Fund’s securities in any jurisdiction where the offer or sale is not permitted.
The price information contained herein is estimated and unaudited and subject to change. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. The value of the Fund’s shares may go down as well as up and there can be no assurance the Fund will achieve its objectives or avoid significant losses.
An investment in the Fund should be considered a speculative investment that entails substantial risks; you may lose part or all of your investment or your investment may not perform as well as other similar investments. The Fund’s investments involve significant risks including, but not limited to, loss of all or a significant portion of the investment due to leveraging, synthetic short-selling, derivatives or other speculative practices. Other risks include, but are not limited to: allocation risk, conflicts of interest risk, counterparty risk, foreign investments risk, high portfolio turnover risk, model and technology risk, multi-manager risk and volatility risk. See “Risk Factors” of the prospectus for a detailed discussion of these and other risks applicable to the Fund.
Blackstone Diversified Multi-Strategy Fund is a sub‐fund of Blackstone Alternative Investment Funds plc, an umbrella fund established as a UCITS with segregated liability between sub funds. Blackstone Alternative Investment Funds plc is authorised in Ireland and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.Conflicts of Interest
Blackstone and the Sub-Advisers have conflicts of interest that could interfere with their management of the Fund. These conflicts, which are disclosed in the Fund’s Statement of Additional Information, include, without limitation:
- Selection of Sub-Advisers. Blackstone compensates the Sub-Advisers out of the management fee it receives from the Fund. This could create an incentive for Blackstone to select Sub-Advisers with lower fee rates.
- Financial Interests in Sub-Advisers and Service Providers. Blackstone, the Sub-Advisers, and their affiliates have financial interests in asset managers and financial service providers. Allocating to an affiliate (or hiring such entity as a service provider) benefits The Blackstone Group L.P. or the relevant Sub-Adviser and redemptions from an affiliate (or terminating such entity as a service provider) would be detrimental to The Blackstone Group L.P. or the relevant Sub-Adviser. For example:
- Blackstone Strategic Capital Advisors L.L.C. (“BSCA”), an affiliate of BAIA, manages certain funds (the “BSCA Funds”) that acquire equity interests in established alternative asset managers (the “Strategic Capital Managers”). One of the Strategic Capital Managers in which the BSCA Funds have a minority interest is Magnetar Capital Partners L.P., a control affiliate of Magnetar Asset Management LLC, a sub-adviser for the Fund. The Fund will not participate in any of the economic arrangements between the BSCA Funds and any Strategic Capital Manager with which the Fund invests.
- Blackstone Real Estate Special Situations Advisors L.L.C. (“BRESSA”), an affiliate of BAIA and an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of The Blackstone Group L.P., serves as a Sub-Advisor Sub-Adviser. BRESSA invests primarily in liquid, commercial and residential real estate-related debt instruments.
- Blackstone utilizes technology offered by Arcesium LLC (“Arcesium”) to provide certain middle- and back-office services and technology to the Fund. The parent company of a Sub-Adviser owns a controlling, majority interest in Arcesium and BAAM owns a non-controlling, minority interest in Arcesium.
- Other Activities of Blackstone or the Sub-Advisers. The activities in which Blackstone, the Sub-Advisers, or their affiliates are involved in on behalf of other accounts may create conflicts of interest or limit the flexibility that the Fund may otherwise have to participate in certain investments. For example, if Blackstone or a Sub-Adviser comes into possession of material non-public information with respect to a company, then Blackstone or the relevant Sub-Adviser generally will be restricted from investing in securities issued by that company. Further, Blackstone generally will be restricted from investing in portfolio companies of its affiliated private equity business.
- Allocation of Investment Opportunities. Blackstone and the Sub-Advisers (or their affiliates) manage other accounts and have other clients with investment objectives and strategies that are similar to, or overlap with, the investment objective and strategy of the fund, creating potential conflicts of interest in investment and allocation decisions. These conflicts of interest are exacerbated to the extent that the other clients are proprietary or pay higher fees or performance-based fees.